Thursday, January 20, 2011

Laura Clarke Hawkins

  
This is my beautiful sister Laura. Today is her birthday and I can't wait to brag about her :)  She has blessed my life in so many ways, whether it was by giving me hand-me-downs or writing me little notes of encouragement, she was always there to make my life easier. I have always looked to Laura as an example. She was close enough in age that I always felt like she could understand how I was feeling and give me good advice. I have saved all of the little notes she wrote me growing up. Some were thank you notes, but others were just random "you're great Rie" notes. Those meant so much to me. She'll never understand how cool it is to have your older sister say nice things about you. Especially, an older sister as accomplished, beautiful, and talented as Laura. I will always be grateful to her for taking the time to write those little notes. 


Laura graduated from BYU with her degree in Fine Arts.  She is an amazing artist!! Her final art show was displayed in the HFAC. I loved walking around and seeing strangers marvel at her talent. I was one proud sister that night! The painting above is probably my favorite from the show, but it's hard to choose. Someday maybe I'll be lucky enough to have one of her paintings in my own house.


 

Laura is now married and has the cutest daughter named Brynlee. She and her husband live in Huntington Beach, CA aka paradise! Laura is the best mom. She is always making cute crafts and outfits for Bryn. She has already taught Bryn what sound each letter of the alphabet makes and Brynlee just turned 2!!  

 I'm so glad Laura is my sister. We've had so many good times :) LOVE YOU!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment