Sunday, May 15, 2011

{becoming domestic 101}

There's a time in every young woman's life where she begins to feel the need to improve upon the skills that will make her a more qualified homemaker. Well, maybe it's a sign that I'm maturing or maybe it's just that all my roommates are older and good at cooking, but either way recently I have felt the desire to become a more accomplished cook :) I started small, like quesedillas and pancakes small, but I'm slowly making progress. I love finding new foods that taste good and are healthy. When my sister Laura came out to Utah, she would feed Brynlee wheat tortillas as a snack. I thought it was weird, but the other day when I was grocery shopping I decided to get a package to try them. I am telling you, it has changed my life! I LOVE them.

Today, I decided to make a wrap using a wheat tortilla, sliced ham, provolone cheese, tomatoes, and a little ranch dressing. It was such a refreshing meal on a hot day! It would've been even better with some avocado and red pepper. Maybe next time! 

This is next on my list of recipes to try :)

Mediterranean Chopped Salad With Shrimp



1 comment:

  1. Marie! Thanks for your sweet blog comment. I think that YOU are beautiful. I am glad I found your blog! {And that recipe looks delicious!}

    ReplyDelete