Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Braden | eight months


I think this has been my favorite month so far. Braden is such a joy to be around! I can't believe that he is just a few months shy of a year. A YEAR!!! I can't believe how fast the time goes. Last year at this time I was buying textbooks and wondering how in the world I would make it through the last few months of pregnancy with a full class load and work. I'm glad that time is in the past and I am now loving life as a full-time mom. Here is what Braden's been up to lately:

- He sleeps now from about 7:30 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. This month we changed his schedule so that instead of nursing five times a day with three naps, he nurses four times and takes two longer naps. Instead of going to bed at 10:00, he is now in bed by 7:30. It's amazing what a difference that has made for all three of us.
- He still just has two teeth. I'm convinced his top teeth are coming soon!
- He sits on his own now and loves sitting in shopping carts and high chairs.
- He has starting eating some table foods. So far he has tried (and likes) bread, pears, peaches, bananas, green beans, and apple sauce. It's so fun to watch him try to chew things with just his two front teeth.
- He learned how to make the 'D' sound.
- He really likes to play with all different kinds of balls. 
- He is getting much better at drinking from a sippy cup. 
- He is working on not spitting. So far we haven't made much progress.
- He stands against the couch now, but is still very wobbly.
- Every once in a while he will get into the crawling position, but he still doesn't move.

We love him!









1 comment: