Monday, February 7, 2011

Just some thoughts...

Sunday is by far the best day of the week. It’s just so different from all the other days. I always feel so relaxed and peaceful, which I’m sure is partially due to the fact that I don’t have to think about homework or tests or papers or anything school related. Sunday is my day to think. It’s my day to preserve memories by writing in my journal. It’s my day to read books by Brad Wilcox, Sheri Dew, C.S. Lewis and others that inspire me to be better. It’s my day to make dinner with my older brother Jordan. Sundays are just the best! Last night, my musically talented roommates and I sat on the couch and tried to make arrangements of hymns. Heather was on guitar, I was on the ukelele (Elizabeth’s been teaching me. She is AMAZING!), and Elizabeth was on the violin and piano. It was so fun! I think that is what Sundays are all about. They help us take a break from the hustle and bustle of college life and spend a full day focusing on the things that really matter.  What a great way to start the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment